As a commuter, finding the best electric scooter for climbing hills will make traveling simpler. Considered to be one of the most difficult aspects of using electric scooters, these models will tackle hills easier than others. This allows you to accelerate and maintain your speed, regardless of the terrain.
The following five electric scooters are highly recommended for adults and teens searching for a high-speed scooter which will easily get you from one destination to another.
Best Electric Scooter for Climbing Hills: Brief Reviews
1. NanRobot D5+ Electric Scooter
With a 2000W electric motor, you can guarantee the NanRobot D5+ Electric Scooter is equipped with everything you need for a high-powered ride to and from work or school. With speeds topping at 40 miles per hour, it’s a highly recommended method of transportation that is far superior to lower quality scooters on the market.
The most notable features of the NanRobot D5+ Electric Scooter include:
- Long-Distance Travel: This scooter gives you the ability to travel up to 50 miles on a single charge, as the battery is of a lithium-ion type. It will likely maintain its top speed for the duration of your trip, so you can get to where you need to in far less time. In addition, its maximum speed is 40 miles per hour.
- Portable: With the ability to fold down the scooter quickly, you can easily ride it to the train station and then carry it onto the train with the push of a button. It only takes seconds to fold and unfold the scooter.
- Terrain-Friendly Wheels: Both the front and rear wheels are 10” and covered in a high-quality anti-slip tread. This helps to make it easier to ride the scooter across all types of terrain without sacrificing speed.
- Premium Quality Brakes: There are front and rear disc brakes installed on the scooter for added protection. You’ll also find that the shock absorption system is of the highest quality, making your rides far more comfortable. You’ll also appreciate the built-in hand brake for quick braking.
- Single and Dual Drive: There are two independent 1000W motors installed at the front and rear of the scooter. To toggle between single and dual drive, all you have to do is push a button. There is also an acceleration handle that can be managed by twisting the handgrip.
- Built-in LED Light: As an added safety and convenience feature, there is a built-in LED light at the front of the scooter to give you better visibility when riding at night.
2. QIEWA Q1 Hummer Electric Scooter
With a less powerful motor than the previously discussed scooter, the QIEWA Q1 Hummer Electric Scooter is a great option for intermediate drivers who aren’t ready to handle an overwhelming amount of power. If you’re in the market for a scooter that has plenty of features and is comfortable to use daily, this may be one of the better options to consider.
The main features of the QIEWA Q1 Hummer Electric Scooter include:
- 800W Motor: As this scooter features an 800W motor and requires less power to operate on full speed, you’ll find you can travel farther distances than with other scooters. This design offers up to 65 miles of continuous riding, even if you’re on a 35-degree incline.
- Battery-Operated: Similar to most electric scooters, you’ll find a lithium battery, which is fully rechargeable in up to 10 hours, within the scooter. This enables you to travel at speeds as high as 37 miles per hour with a maximum load weight of 550 pounds.
- Dual Shock Absorbers: Instead of dealing with every bump in the road, this scooter is designed with dual shock absorbers for a far more comfortable ride.
- Remote Fob Included: As there is an alarm built into the scooter, you will also receive an anti-theft remote fob which you can use to arm and disarm the alarm.
- Double Brakes: Instead of having to try to brake with your feet, there are double brakes installed in the front and rear tires for a more stable braking system.
- Other Features: There are a few other important features to discuss with the QIEWA Q1 Hummer Electric Scooter. It comes with a tail braking light, is designed to be IP65 waterproof, and arrives with two 10” pneumatic tires. In addition, you can charge the scooter via USB.
3. NanRobot D4+ Electric Scooter
This scooter is the previous generation of the D5+ that we discussed earlier in this guide. With that said, it’s also a highly reliable method of transportation with many of the same features.
The key features of the NanRobot D4+ Electric Scooter include:
- All-Wheel Drive: When you opt for the D4+, you’ll be receiving a scooter which has dual motors and traction independently built into the front and rear wheels. You’ll appreciate the level of traction and torque that is added into the all-wheel-drive system.
- High Speed and Long Range: Compared to most other electric scooters, this model travels relatively fast at 40 miles per hour. It also offers a total trip distance of 45 miles on a single charge of the lithium battery pack. The 2000W motor is highly reliable and gives you more than enough power for long-distance trips.
- Built-in Damping System: The shock absorption of the NanRobot D4+ Electric Scooter is something great. It features five shock absorbers as well as the dual 10” pneumatic tires that help to absorb additional shock. You’ll love the reduced bumpiness you’d typically experience from most other scooters.
- Built-in Emergency Braking: For an added safety feature, the emergency braking feature is incredibly useful to have. It has a rear EBS disc braking system as well as a front braking system.
- Portable Design: Folding and unfolding the scooter can be accomplished in a matter of seconds, making it simple to fit into the trunk of your car or to carry onto public transportation.
- Additional Features: You’ll love the fact that this scooter is equipped with a power lock as well as a voltage display which keeps you apprised of the remaining battery life. There is also a bright headlight added to the front of the scooter for traveling at night.
4. Magnum Premium IMAX S1+ Electric Scooter
If you’re searching for a scooter that has a more simplistic design, the Magnum Premium IMAX S1+ is a great option. You can clearly tell that it is created for the everyday commuter who needs a simple, yet relatively powerful scooter to use daily.
The key features of the Magnum Premium IMAX S1+ include:
- High-Quality Build: The entire frame of the scooter is built using aluminum alloy and it also features a metallic black finish. This helps to prevent noticeable damage.
- Tektro Mechanical Braking System: With the built-in Tektro Mechanical Braking System, you’ll be able to have safe and reliable brakes for emergency situations. It has a motor inhibitor as well as a bell brake system, ensuring they are highly responsive every time you need to use them.
- Moderate Travel Distance: Compared to the other scooters on this list, the Magnum Premium IMAX S1+ isn’t as powerful. It only gives you the ability to travel up to 20 miles on a single charge with maximum speeds topping out at 20 miles per hour. With that said, it’s a fantastic option for someone who is new to electric scooters.
- Intelligent LCD: As an added benefit, this scooter has a built-in monochrome LCD which keeps you updated on the remaining battery life, your speed, and the power level. You’ll also find the odometer is interesting to have, as it keeps track of your total travel distance.
5. Mercane WideWheel Electric Scooter
At first glance, the Mercane WideWheel looks very similar to most other manual scooters, but it packs a powerful punch. With a 1000W dual motor function, you have the ability to travel quickly with little to no effort.
The main features of the Mercane WideWheel Electric Scooter include:
- Powerful Motor: You can opt between using single and dual-motor functions. The single motor offers 500W, while you can easily climb hills with the help of the dual-motor, which gives you 1000W of power.
- Reasonable Travel Distance: You won’t be able to travel more than 20 miles on a single charge of the lithium-ion battery, but the benefit is that the battery charges in less than six hours instead of 10.
- Comfortable Features: The front and rear wheels are both fully air-less and have built-in suspension systems so that you have a more comfortable ride over bumpy terrain. You’ll also love the look of the sleek aluminum alloy frame that makes it appear luxurious.
- Additional Features: A few other notable features to consider are the front and rear LED lights, the cruise control function, and the fact that the scooter folds down in seconds. We especially love the cruise control, as you can maintain the perfect speed for the duration of your trip without having to make any adjustments.
Overall, our final recommendation for the best electric scooter for climbing hills is the NanRobot D5+ Electric Scooter. It boasts a 2000W motor as well as can reach up to 40 miles per hour.
With a total travel distance of up to 40 miles, you’ll easily be able to commute daily on an incline and flat terrain, without the worry of running out of battery life. It’s also incredibly comfortable and easy to use.